Born and raised from beautiful coastal Da Nang, Vietnam. Taught myself how to code after watching The Social Network.
Graduated with an AS degree in Computer Science from Santa Barbara City College. I hopped on my 2006 Civic and drove to San Jose, pursuing BS degree in Software Engineering at San Jose State University.
Tech Stacks that I brag to peoples:
- HTML & (S)CSS
- Flutter/React Native
Where I've Worked
Software Developer Engineer Intern @ Amazon
June 2021 - August 2021
- Officially #FAANG interns
- Consumer Org
Software Developer Intern @ SAP Labs
October 2020 - Present
- Core Engineer at Digital Identity Team. Designed and launched distributed, scalable, and fault-tolerant network to support smart contracts deployment that spans across multiple geographical zones.
- Supported onboarding customers into existing infrastructure and monitored high volume of over millions of transactions a day using AWS NLB and Docker Swarm to ensure 99% availability.
- Owned the project that comprises researching and integrating open-source SSI (Self Sovereign Identity) wallets into Indy and Ethereum clusters and wrote a persistent layer pair-wise DIDs service on mainnet.
- Initiated a CI/CD pipeline using Jenkins, and K8s to automate testing, and deployment of smart contracts.
- Researched Hyperledger Indy, Aries to provide Interoperability between edge agents and SSI networks.
Software Developer Intern @ SAP SuccessFactors
June 2020 - August 2020
- Supported migrating 2000+ Fortune 500 customers' database instances using ServiceNow.
- Introduced 10+ new micro-services to decouple legacy DAO classes from other internal services and provided 100% test coverage.
- Increased developer’s productivity by orchestrating K8s clusters to mitigate remote build issues.
- Parsed analytics log of failing customers' instance to help identify the most critical errors.
Software Developer Intern @ Dive Chat
April 2020 - June 2020
- Owned push notifications feature for 4,000 users using Google Cloud Function and Expo server.
- Reduced bandwidth cost by 33% by reconstructing object-relational schema.
Frontend Developer @ BICO Inc.
Nov 2019 - Jan 2020
- Increased site views by 76% to 2,000 visitors per quarter by replacing WordPress with Gatsby framework.
- Developed automation build alert and crash reports using Travis CI and Docker.
- Wrote Python script to integrate from manual to automated email forwarding 300+ monthly users.
Computer Science Tutor @ SBCC Computer Science Lab
Sep - Dec 2019
- Tutored 200+ hours and received 90% students’ and professors’ positive feedback.
- Decreased grader run time by 40% by working with professor to migrate grader codebase to JUnit5.
- Delivered Java module to extract and rank similarity in 60+ homework submissions each project.
Java Developer Intern @ Green Global Inc.
Jun - Aug 2018
- Supported 3000+ daily users logging in by developing authentication service using Java and JWT.
- Reduced page load by persisting users’ session and leveraging caching and local storage.
- Created test plans and achieved 95% bug coverage by writing 100+ unit tests following TDD framework.
Some Things I've Built
Platform for musicians to share music sheets/tabs using pre-fetched data scraping from Ultimate Guitar website using Python and Selenium. Demo
- Material UI
Chrome Extension helps you organize endless LinkedIn connections and provide place to store quick cold email template. Chrome Store
- Chrome Extension API
- Material UI
Feeling such hassle about using Twitter API with WOEID ? 🐦🐦 EzWOEID provide fast, seamless WOEID indexed lookup dashboard.
Curated songs and playlists generator based users’ top artists, genres, playlists on Spotify.
- Webify API
Other Noteworthy Projectsview the archive
Get In Touch
I'm currently looking for New Grad 2022 roles For whom interest in chatting about software, music and tech, feel free to connect!